More Russell Brand complainants come forward to BBC

Entertainment

Two more people have come forward to the BBC with allegations against Russell Brand, the corporation has said.

The complaints were made in the two-month period since the BBC launched a review into the comedian’s behaviour.

It brings the total number of complaints made directly to the corporation against Brand to five.

The nature of the allegations has not been specified but BBC News reports that they relate to his workplace conduct and are not of a “serious sexual nature”.

The latest complaints were revealed in an update on the BBC review into Brand’s conduct published on Tuesday.

The corporation added that “it would appear that no disciplinary action was taken against Russell Brand during his engagement with the BBC in 2006-8 prior to his departure from the BBC”.

The BBC had previously said it is looking into allegations from a woman who claims Brand exposed himself to her and then laughed about it afterwards on his Radio 2 show.

More on Russell Brand

The review came after four women made sexual abuse allegations against the star between 2006 and 2013 as part of an investigation by The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches. The Dispatches programme aired on 16 September.

Allegations against Brand are also being investigated by two police forces.

Thames Valley Police previously told Sky News that a woman contacted the force in September with “new information,” and that it was looking into her claims of “harassment and stalking”.

The force said the claims date back to 2018.

Thames Valley Police is the force in charge of Henley-On-Thames in Oxfordshire where Brand lives. He also owns a pub in the area.

The Metropolitan Police also confirmed previously it had received a “number of allegations of sexual offences,” all of them non-recent and said to have occurred in both London and elsewhere in the country.

The Times also said it had been contacted by “several women” with further claims about Brand after the publication of their article, but said their allegations have not yet been investigated and “will now be rigorously checked”.

Brand, 48, denies any allegations against him.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive Breaking News alerts on a smartphone or tablet via the Sky News App. You can also follow @SkyNews on X or subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with the latest news.

Articles You May Like

The war has resumed – but who started it again is of little consequence to Gaza civilians
Four-day Gaza truce enters final 24 hours as calls for extension mount
Metro Bank to cut 20% of its workforce
Elon Musk: A timeline of his most recent controversial moments
‘Pull over now!’: Police chase child driving stolen forklift truck